It's that time when we all start thinking about New Year's resolutions. I've come up with ten writing goals. I might be able to keep nine of them.
1) Learn how to spell hors d'oeuvres so I don't have to google it every single time.
2) Use the word appetizers more instead of hors d'oeuvres.
3) Don't yell things at the computer such as, "Find that file or I'll show you what you can do with your gigabytes!" Or any other thing that would make the neighbors question my sanity.
4) Stop checking Amazon's rankings for my novels. Do I really want to know that353,194 books are selling better than mine today? No, I don't.
5) Stop noticing Amazon's rankings for other books. Do I really want to know that Snookie's book is number 11 in biographies? Again, no, I don't.
6) Learn what all those acronyms mean so I can understand my fan emails.
7) Don't send critiques to authors who have asked me for blurbs. (Yes, I have done this, and yes, I do feel bad about it. But in my defense, I was trying to help the authors improve their books.)
8) Don't see how many sunflower seeds the hamster can fit in its mouth while I'm supposed to be writing.
9) Don't see how many Almond Joys I can fit in my mouth while I'm supposed to be writing.
10) Finish my middle-grade fantasy, sell my paranormal romance, write sequels to Slayers, Erasing Time, and the next Fairy Godmother book--and do all the revisions said books require.
Sigh. Can you guess which goal I'll have the most trouble with?
I think you can knock out 8 & 9 pretty early in the year. But you're right--10's going to take some time.
Number ten will leave me unshowered and huddled in front of my computer for months. (Probably with a bag of Almond Joys nearby.) Sigh.
I am so excited for the sequel to Slayers to come out. I am keeping my fingers crossed about what guy Tori ends up with. Your books always have a good ending- I am just hoping my top choice for a happy ending for Tori ends up being your top choice as well! - Brooke
Hmmm. You'll have to tell me which guy is your top guy.
I am a Jesse fan. I was completely swooning over him the entire time. I hope this book gets big and hits theaters... I can totally see "Team Jesse" shirts coming out as a result :)
You and me both!
If you use Word, you can make an AutoCorrect entry so that typing "hdo" would come out "hors d'oeuvres." It makes life a little easier.
Love your list. And, though it's the hairiest, #10 also makes me the happiest. Good luck!
I think I am using Word. (Isn't it sad that I don't know for sure.) I'm going to have to try the autocorrect for hors-however-you-spell-them.)
I should give monthly updates as to where I am on item number 10.
I just finished your book (Slayers) and I don't think I can wait for even a month for the sequel! Last time I read an awesome book I had to wait for about 5 years for it to come out. And I agree, I definitaly want to know who Tori chooses to be with; the book isn't complete with out knowing.
Post a Comment